There are many ways to REUSE in your home and work place. Reusing products which have historically been single use items is a large part of recycling.
Here are a few ideas to get you thinking about doing your part to protect the environment and your community:
- Wash plastic bags and use twice!
- Have a recycling can in your kitchen so that it is convenient to recycle bottles, cans, and paper products of all kinds
- Buy recycled products, usually clearly indicated on the label
- Start a small (or big!) compost pile for your food scraps, and use it to fertilize your garden and yard
- Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags
- Donate or sell your used clothing
- Shop thrift stores or consignment store instead of buying new clothing, furniture, and household goods
- Glass and plastic food containers may be used again to store leftover meals or as organizers for your home and office
- Shoe boxes may be used to store and organize your things
- Instead of buying single-use batteries, reach for the rechargeable varieties
- Reuse your plastic shopping bags as dog or cat waste bags.
- Warm water in your water bottle that you don’t want to drink? Use it to water your plants!
- You can reuse your bread bags just as you would use zip locking bags